Responsibilities Of Stakeholders
- Generators refer to all individuals or entities where household E-wastes are generated and discarded into the system. These include an individual person, households, commercial and institution.
- The generators are required to discard their household E-wastes into the formal collection channels. All must bring to the authorized collectors/collection centers.
- Also it is advisable E-appliances to be used longer and repaired if possible before discard.
- All the authorized collection centers / collectors and retailers need to be authorized / registered / licensed by the DOE for collection of household E-waste.
- Collection centers / collectors refer to some existing players, which include the recyclable buyers / traders, local government recycling centers, concessionaire companies collection centers, collection by charity organizations, NGOs, schools or institutions, producers’ take back initiatives, communities and residents associations (RA) etc.
- The authorized collection centers / collectors are compulsory to transfer the collected household E-wastes only to (1) other authorized collection centers / collectors and retailers. (2) Licensed Household E-waste Recovery Facilities designated by the DOE and meet with recycling requirements set by DOE.
- Retailers refer to all premises where new household electrical and electronic appliances (E-appliances) are sold to the consumers / buyers, in which the household E-wastes shall be received / collected upon request by the generators.
- Retailers are also compulsory to transfer the collected household E-wastes only to the following: (1) other authorized collection centers / collectors. (2) Licensed Household E-waste Recovery Facilities designated by the DOE and meet with recycling requirements set by DOE.
Household E-waste Recycling Facilities refer to facilities that are authorized and licensed by DOE on the capability to process household E-wastes, including treatment process required (such as dismantling), as well as proper manage hazardous materials such as lead contained CRT glass from TV. The household E-waste Recycling Facilities are primary treatment point for household E-wastes with safety measures, proper pollution control and recycling in environmentally sound manner.
Hazardous Substances Division,
Department of Environment,
Ministry of Environment and Water,
Level 2, Podium 3, Wisma Sumber Asli,
No.25, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 4,
62574 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Complaint Line: 03-8889 1972
General Line: +603-8871 2000/2200
Fax: +603-8888 9987 /+603-8888 6120